- Correct unhooking equipment is required when fishing on the Wykeham lakes: a large landing net (minimum 36” or larger) and a large unhooking mat including long forceps. These must be with the angler at all times and gags are not permitted.
- Braided main lines only of 40lbs+.
- You must use a recognised wire trace system for both lure and bait fishing using barbless trebles only (barbed are acceptable on lures).
- No rods are to be left unattended, under any circumstances.
- Never weigh or lift a fish by the gills, use a net or weigh sling.
- When moving fish to and from the water please ensure you always use a landing net or zipped unhooking mat.
- When photographing fish; support the fish over a large unhooking mat, kneel and please do not stand up with the fish.
- When returning fish after capture, please support the fish in the water giving it plenty of time to recover before releasing it.
- If a fish is deep hooked – hold the fish in the water, in a landing net and seek the help of a Fishery Warden for assistance.