North Yorkshire Water Park has three well stocked fishing lakes only a short walk from our Water Park lake. We have a trout lake, coarse lake and predator lake which are all well stocked with a large variety of ﬁsh.
On arrival to the Water park please book in at the Reception building or book online.
The Coarse Lake is roughly two acres and has a wide selection of features, including bays, lily pads, marginal reeds, over hanging trees, gravel bars and an island. It is a well-stocked lake with Carp, averaging 5 lbs. Larger fish are regularly caught weighing up to 22lb.There is a variety of carp such as mirror, common and some beautifully coloured crucian carp. There are also Roach over 1lb, and Perch and Bream.
- Full day £8 per person maximum of 2 rods.
- Only fishing from the peg is permitted.
Set amongst beautiful clumps of woodland, you can fish from the bank or a boat in this 7.5 acre Trout Lake. Bank fishing includes wooden platforms, hard standings and wadeable gravel bars.
The lake is well stocked, which includes Brown, Rainbow and Blue trout. It has a minimum stocking of 2lbs with specimens regularly being banked over 5lbs, with the occasional double figure fish being caught. The lake record stands at just over 18lbs. The lake also holds other species such as Chubb, Roach, Rudd, Perch and Pike that fall to a convention fly. The Trout Lake is also the home to the previous English record Pike. Pike fishing on the Trout Lake is restricted to syndicate members only.
- Full day £25 per person
- Half day £18 per person
Please note, half day tickets are for up to 5 hours.
Predator Lake – Now Seasonal 1st Oct – 31st March
The Predator Lake is nine acres of clear spring fed water, which is naturally stocked with Pike, Perch, Rudd and Roach. The lake is best known for its Pike, falling to a variety of different methods which include dead bait and lure tactics. The lake is also stocked occasionally with trout. The best fish of last season weighed in at 30lbs 5oz, with 4 separate 20lbs+ fish to target. The lake holds other double figure Pike and Jacks but there is always the chance of a surprise!
- Full day £15 per person includes 2 rods
- Additional rods £2 each (maximum of 4 rods per person)
- Correct unhooking equipment is required when fishing on the North Yorkshire Water Park: a large landing net (minimum 36” or larger) and a large unhooking mat.
- No rods are to be left unattended, under any circumstances.
- Never weigh or lift a fish by the gills, use a net or weigh sling.
- When moving fish to and from the water please ensure you always use a landing net or zipped unhooking mat.
- When photographing fish; support the fish over a large unhooking mat, kneel and please do not stand up with the fish.
- When returning fish after capture, please support the fish in the water giving it plenty of time to recover before releasing it.
- If a fish is deep hooked – hold the fish in the water, in a landing net and seek assistance.
- No plastic or imitation baits.
- Strictly no swimming
- No drugs or heavy drinking
- No music
- Vehicles must be parked on the car parks provided and no driving or parking on the grass.
- No litter to be left under any circumstances (including tea bags and cigarette butts), pegs will be checked.
- All anglers must have appropriate EA licenses
- No keep nets to be use at any times